Tandoori cooking is possible with Electrolux Professional cook and chill equipment
What is Tandoor?
The Tandoor Concept is a cooking method for preparing traditional Indian cuisine.
Tandoori is a method of preparing traditional Indian food by cooking food in a hot fire in a clay oven. The oven temperature can reach up to 500 degrees F.
The Electrolux cook and chill equipment is able to reproduce the tandoor method in a way that the final results retain the authentic flavor, texture, aroma and taste of Indian cuisine from all regions.
Non traditional equipment like cook and chill can excellently reproduce traditional Indian cuisine.
Essential Equipment for Tandoor Concept
- thermaline pressure braising pans
- air-o-convect Touchline ovens
- air-o-steam Touchline ovens
- air-o-chill blast chillers/freezers
- Libero Point equipment
Get in touch to discover what Tandoor Concept can do for your business
The Tandoor Concept by Electrolux was developed at the Innovation Center in Gurgaon, India, by the Electrolux Chef Academy.
On May 8th, 2013, the Indian Culinary Forum accredited the Tandoor Concept for its innovation and perfection.
The benefits of the Tandoor Concept are:
Only one Electrolux oven needed instead of a Tandoor oven and a steam oven.
You can cook various types of Indian dishes at the same time in the air-o-convect Touchline oven. Examples include samosa, kulcha bread, kachori, pulao rice, Biryani in clay pot, kebab, dhokla, idli, tandoori aloo etc.
Productivity and reduced cooking time
It is possible to cook:
- 600 pieces of Murgh Tikka in only 9 mins by using the air-o-steam Touchline 10 GN
- 30 kg of boneless chicken curry in 12 mins by using the thermaline pressure braising pan;
- Cook a full load of chicken biryani in 35 mins in the air-o-convect Touchline oven 10 GN
- Cook 120 pcs of steamed idli in 8 mins in the air-o-steam Touchline oven 10 GN
Accessories to reach exceptional results
The volcano smoker
The volcano smoker is the perfect accessory to make your smoking flavored recipes directly in the combi oven, using the traditional methods with wood chips or dried spices.